Your Bank 34 Visa® Debit Card is the perfect way to pay for almost everything, every day — online and in stores and even pay monthly bills. Skip the hassles of cash and checks. Keep track of every purchase. Shop safe and secure worldwide.
Apparel & Shoes
Books, Music, & Movies
Computers & Electronics
Entertainment & Travel
Food & Dining
Home & Garden
Visa Debit cards let you make purchases directly from your checking account. They’re accepted at millions of locations around the world and online, giving our clients a convenient, secure way to pay.
3 Ways To Use Visa Debit Cards
Visa Debit transactions can be completed in three ways – and the purchase amount is always deducted directly from your Bank 34 checking account.
- For purchases at merchant locations: Just use the card terminal or your smartphone.
- For online purchases: Submit your card information online and count on the security of Visa.
- For cash back: Get cash at select merchants using your personal identification number (PIN).
Security & Protection
Visa helps prevent, detect and resolve fraud for cardholders:
- The Visa Zero Liability Policy1 ensures cardholders won’t have to pay for unauthorized purchases if their cards are lost or stolen. And with replacement funds, any funds taken from a cardholder’s account due to fraudulent use will be returned.
- Real-Time Fraud Monitoring means cardholders accounts are screened 24/7 to detect suspicious card activity outside their normal spending patterns.
- The embedded chip in your card generates a one-time code that is virtually impossible to counterfeit.
- A unique 3-Digit Security Code on the back of every card helps verify that the cardholder is in possession of their card when shopping online or by phone.
No more waiting for the chip card payment to process and the annoying buzzer to remind you to remove your card for purchases. Just tap and go!
It’s easy to pay with a contactless card. Just look for the symbol at checkout and tap your card to pay. Use the chip reader or swipe your card if a store doesn’t have contactless readers.
It’s safe, highly secure and has the same protection as chip payment. When you tap your contactless chip card, a cryptographic code that unique to the card and to the transaction is created. Therefore, issuers can automatically detect and reject any attempt to use the same transaction information more than once.
Ready for easy, secure and private payments? In addition to our contactless Visa® Debit Card, use your Bank 34 Visa® Debit Card with your iPhone® or Android phone via Apple Pay™, Google Pay™, Samsung Pay™, or LG Pay™ - depending on your mobile device brand2 in your Digital Wallet (also known as Tokenization). This is just another way to tap to pay at your favorite stores or pay within apps. It has the same dynamic security as a chip card, so it’s not only fast and easy, it’s also a secure way to checkout. Your card details are never stored on your device. Paying in stores or within apps has never been easier, safer, or more private.
How to Add Your Bank 34 Visa® Debit Card to Your Mobile Device Digital Wallet (Apple Pay™ - iPhone Illustration):
- Card Provisioning – Download the app in mobile device. Take picture of card and enter account data. Apple Wallet for Apple Pay™ if iPhone® or Android app store for Google Pay™, Samsung Pay™, or LG Pay™.
- Validation – iPhones® and Androids typically have a one-step validation. If required, the 2nd step in which they will be instructed to call Bank 34 to complete the process.
- Tap or Touch ID to Pay – Once completed, you will get a letter from Bank 34 and will be able to use your mobile device at any enabled terminal.
How to Pay Using Your Bank 34 Visa® Debit Card From Your Mobile Device Digital Wallet (Apple Pay™ - IPhone Example):
To pay within stores, hold iPhone® near the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.™ On Apple Watch,™ just double-click the side button and hold the display of your AppleWatch up to the contactless reader. To pay within apps on iPhone and iPad,® select Apple Pay as the payment method and place your finger on Touch ID.
Accepted at merchants when you see the Visa logo and this Contactless symbol:
Visa Debit Card Frequently Asked Questions
Typically, you present a Visa Debit Card to make a purchase. The merchant then takes the card to process an authorization or, if a PIN pad is available, requests that you swipe the card. Transaction can be signature-based, PIN-based or, for purchases of $25 or less at participating merchants ($50 or less at supermarkets and discount stores), you may not be required to sign or enter a PIN.
The transaction information is sent to the processing network and Bank 34. Then the purchase amount is deducted directly from your checking account. NOTE: It can take 1-2 days for certain transactions to post to your account.
Like check deposits that can’t be immediately withdrawn, account deductions can’t be cleared until the final amount is known. Therefore, a “hold” may be placed on funds to cover the estimated cost of certain transactions, such as at gas stations. This ensures that you don’t spend more money than you have and merchants are paid for each transaction. While most holds are usually less than 24 hours, Visa protects you by requiring financial institutions to remove all holds within 72 hours.
While an ATM card only accesses cash from an ATM, the Visa Debit Card also gives you a fast, easy and secure way to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted plus the convenience, security and protection.
Unlike a credit card (which accesses a line of credit), the Visa Debit Card is tied to your checking account and purchases come directly from the account. This means you don’t incur an interest charge and can’t spend any more than the amount in your checking account.
In addition to Visa’s security and protection, Bank 34 has Premier Defense Fraud Monitoring that provides 24/7 real-time authorization decisions for detecting, preventing and managing fraud activity for debit cards.
Generally, it is not necessary for our cardholders to contact us when traveling to another state. However, it is recommended to let us know because sometimes exceptions occur when outside of normal transactional habits. Example: Debit card used at a gas station 200 miles outside of cardholder’s zip code. Also, we ask our cardholders to notify us when and where traveling outside of the US to use their card.
Our Card Call Center may contact cardholders for suspicious activity. Cardholders need to contact their branch to reorder new cards if blocked by the Call Center.
Debit Card ATM Networks
In addition to the Bank 34 ATMs, you have access to all the following ATM Networks when using your Bank 34 Visa® Debit Card: